The History of Delta Sigma Pi
Delta Sigma Pi is a professional fraternity organized to foster the study of business in universities and was founded on November 7, 1907 at New York University in New York City by Harold Valentine Jacobs, Alexander Frank Makay, Alfred Moysello and Henry Albert Tienken. Since 1956, Delta Sigma Pi is headquartered in Oxford, Ohio and has over 280,000 members around the world with over 200 collegiate chapter and over 50 alumni chapters.
The Kappa Mu Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi
The Kappa Mu chapter was founded on April 4, 1981 at the California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, CA. Since the chapter’s founding, over 800 business administration, economics, and industrial technology students and faculty members have been initiated into the Kappa Mu chapter. Lead by the Alpha class President, Pamela Susan Cosart, thirty-four enterprising business students participated in the founding of the chapter based on three pillars: Professionalism, Community Service, and Brotherhood.